Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I cannot believe it has been three years already!!!!

This year I celebrated my third year anniversary with MAC.

It's hard to believe I joined the company so long ago but, I am full fledged, card carrying hardcore MAC girl. I do love my job. I always wanted to work for MAC. I used to go to the counter in Limerick as a student and the girls seemed so beautiful and like works of art. Their make-up was always perfect. I was convinced that I could do it. I spent years trying to get a job with them. I finally got a job on counter in Galway and I have been with them ever since.


MAC have also celebrated a birthday. It's their 30th this year and in celebration, they have released a book. Miles of MAC is available on Amazon, Urban Outfitters and book stores. I got my copy this week. As I flicked through all the pages which have all the campaigns from limited edition collections, I realised I could name almost all of them! I also realised that the names of artists involved in the shoots have started to become like family members to me. Family members that you haven't met but really hear a lot about!!!

I'm proud to be with MAC. I've never had a job where I feel so accepted in my own weird brand of self expression. The company have never minded my piercings, tattoos or stick on face jewels. They haven't minded my collection of weird hats or neither have they minded my interest in black lipstick. In fact, they have often produced the lipstick. I am also fiercely proud of being involved with a company with such strong community ties and also, Viva Glam. Viva Glam is a fund (that results from the sale of certain lipsticks and glosses) that provides financial support to charities dealing with HIV/AIDS. My background is in HIV/AIDS fundraising and as someone with friends diagnosed with this, it means an awful lot to give back and support. There are few companies with strong ethics like this and it really means a lot to me.

It's also fair to say that I am impressed with the level of training the company has provided me. My artistry has gone from fair to good in three years. I can confidently produce a smokey eye, a bright lip, a graphic liner - in minutes. There is little that worries me about make-up now. I remember three years ago where the thought of a smokey eye would break me out in a sweat as I panicked about how to produce it without a mistake. Now, I get stuck in! I also get to play all day with the best colors, best textures and newest products - who wouldn't want that!

So I guess congratulations to me and MAC on reaching three years and indeed to MAC for reaching thirty years of the company and also, twenty years of Viva Glam! Here is to the next, three years!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar