Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Brandon Hilton's "Dance Til I Die" - Single Review



     I have been keeping an eye on Texas-native pop artist Brandon Hilton ever since I came across "Glamour Zombie" one day, waiting for the one song that I felt would finally give him a chance at cracking the charts. I would like to proudly say I think the singer has finally created something that can do just that. "Dance Til I Die", the new single off his upcoming album, Awakening, is a meaningful, pop heavy, piece of perfection. Hilton's sound has been in the middle of a transition, I've noticed it since the release of my past favorite "So Ready", and this is the product of countless hours of hard work and dedication. Being able to hear the track a couple of days before its official release today, I was holding my breath wondering what I was about to hear. Luckily, I was not disappointed and the finished product went above and beyond my expectations.

     "Dance Til I Die" starts off slow and sweet with an impressive opening. Once Hilton's vocals came through, a sense of Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" delivery quickly came across. The two songs have similarities in terms of progression and structure. The song succeeds in many ways, one of them being the quality of the production. Hilton really needs to high five whoever was behind the catchy beats because I was rocking my head back and forth during my first listen at one in the morning on Wednesday. I have been critical of the artist's vocals in the past, but I currently feel like a proud mother with this new release. Whatever Hilton has been doing to strengthen his vocal presence is certainly paying off here. He radiates confidence which leads to a solid performance across the board.

     Vocals are strong. Production is perfect. And to be honest, the lyrical material is present as well. Hilton is singing something with meaning behind it, an aspect I thought was lacking from his previous releases. Maybe the reason is because the artist is head-over-heels in love, but I am not one to assume. Whatever it is I found myself quickly learning the lyrics and loving everything that was being sung. "I gotta new love/And it tastes so sweet/Life's a journey/Will you follow me there?," Hilton sings. Could he be any cuter? The Dallas-native constantly shows music is his life, so why not write a song about it? The fast pace of his delivery on the track's hook is not perfect, but a strong quality indeed. If I had to be picky, and this is just constructive criticism, I would have knocked off the last twenty second or so of the song. They were not really needed. Could "Dance Til I Die" be Hilton's first real chart success? If it is promoted properly, I think so. Click play and listen for yourself.The lyric video is pretty cool as well.

B+

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar