Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Orange Peel Finish

This summer I have had a ton of fun making mini and baby sized quilts, mostly so that I could try some different techniques and enjoy designing my own quilts.  An added bonus has been making most of these projects out of fabric from my stash!

I think my most favorite finish is my orange peel mini which I just completed this afternoon.



The orange peels are made out of several fat quarters of Mimi by Chez Moi for Moda.  I have had them since last fall and I was just waiting for the perfect project to showcase this beautiful material!  The background squares are low volume fabrics that I have been collecting.  For the backing I used a fun multi-colored polka dot fat quarter from my stash, and I used the leftovers from the orange peels to make the binding.  This mini finished at 18 1/2 inches by 18 1/2 inches.

To quilt this mini, I stitched around each orange peel and then used this idea from Crazy Old Ladies quilts to add echoing lines in the space between the orange peels.  I love the pattern the quilting created!


I am linking up this week with Quilty Habit for the Orange Peel QAL, as well as Sew Cute Tuesday and Needle and Thread Thursday.  Have a happy week!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar